Thursday, January 14, 2016

Getting Started Art Journaling

I feel like I finally have the bugs worked out of this blog and can, at last, begin posting on the regular. So much I want to share so let’s get started…

I know it’s great to just dive in and get started when beginning something new but some of you out there may be hesitant to even think about starting your first Art Journal. My suggestion for any downloadof you that are new to Art Journaling is to relax. Seriously. Trust me on this one, don’t go into this fascinating, entertaining, freeing and fun adventure all hyped-up and feeling anxious. Remember the No Fear stickers (like that one over there->>)  that were found everywhere some years ago? Take that idea to heart; make it your new motto. Have absolutley no fear at all. None.

One of the best things ever told to me about this favorite art form of mine is: It’s only paper. There is plenty more so just have fun!!! Whenever I find myself getting uptight over some stray paint blob or something doesn’t turn out the way I was wanting it to, I remind myself that it’s only paper. Just paper. How can a sheet of paper be the source of any kind of pressure or fear?

See?

Before we do anything, ask yourself why you want to start an Art Journal? What do you want to get out of your Art Journal and/or the process? In the beginning your answer may be “I don’t know” or “Just because” and those are perfectly good answers. For now.

Just keep that question in mind as you progress…it helps me to let go and get out of my own way as I work/play in my Art Journals.

Now, time to find yourself some paper and some supplies to get started with…

So, next up, choosing a journal.

Peace & Love,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and joining me at the Art Journal Cafe. I appreciate your comments tremendously and hope you'll make this a regular stop in your blog reading.
Peace & Love,
Barb